Candle Sparks House Fire


Thursday, March 27th 2008, 11:20 am
By: News On 6


Eight people made it out of a burning Tulsa home overnight, even without smoke detectors.

Tulsa Fire officials say electricity had been shut down to the home in the 7100 block of East Marshall, but two adults and six children were still staying inside.  Fire officials say the fire appears to have started with a candle in a bedroom. 

A nephew, who was in the home, woke up the adults and everyone made it out safely.  

Electricity was supposed to have been restored to the home Thursday.

Damage to the home was estimated at $15,000.

Find more stories on NewsOn6.com's Local News page.