Almond Raisin Millet Pudding
Friday, February 29th 2008, 11:04 am
By: News On 6
1 cup uncooked millet
4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
¼ tsp cloves
¼ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup shredded coconut
¼ c Splenda
2 Tbsp honey, warmed
½ tsp vanilla
¾ cup raisins
¼ - ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together almond milk, spices, Splenda, warmed honey, and vanilla extract.
- 2. Add raisins and millet to the bowl.
- 3. Grease a glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or margarine.
- 4. Pour contents of mixing bowl into baking dish.
- 5. Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Open oven and stir mixture. Bake for another 15 minutes and stir again. Continuing stirring every 15 minutes until pudding is thoroughly cooked (total baking time is about an hour). Sprinkle with toasted almonds before serving.
Nutrition information per serving (1/12): 170 calories, 3 gm protein, 27 gm total carbohydrate, 2.5 gm fiber, 6 total fat with 1.7 gm saturated fat
Exchanges per serving: 2 starch
Source: Adapted recipe by Marianne Wetherill, RD/LD / St. John Medical Center