Understanding The Immigration Reform Law
Monday, January 21st 2008, 5:44 pm
By: News On 6
Oklahoma's new immigration law has created controversy and confusion. While a copy of the law is available to the public, the state of Oklahoma has not produced a comprehensive explanation of its many aspects.
Community Action Project (CAP) is a Tulsa county organization helping families in economic need achieve self-sufficiency. CAP has published a document outlining its interpretation of the new law. This document is meant to be a guide only. Any specific questions about the law should be directed to a legal expert.
The News On 6 has also researched the new law and we have answers to the following questions:
- How will Oklahoma's new immigration law affect public and private employers?
- If I get pulled over, will police check my immigration status?
- If I have a crime tip or want to help the police, will officers check my immigration status?
- Could I be arrested for transporting an illegal immigrant, even if I am not aware of it?
- Could I be arrested for renting to an illegal immigrant?
- How does Oklahoma's new immigration law affect higher education?
- Will Oklahoma's new immigration law affect health services?
- How will Tulsa county check to see if someone is illegal?
- How can I become a citizen?