Smoke Inhalation To Blame In Beach House Deaths


Thursday, November 1st 2007, 3:30 pm
By: News On 6


OCEAN ISLE BEACH, N.C. (AP) -- North Carolina's chief medical examiner says the seven college students who died in a beach house fire were all victims of smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning.

He says there's no sign of any other injuries from the fire that destroyed the house in Ocean Isle Beach on Sunday.

Dr. John Butts says his office completed the examination of the victims on Wednesday, confirming their identifications through dental records.

Six students from the Unversity of South Carolina and one from Clemson died in the fire. Six others survived.
-->