Carbon Monoxide Affects Midtown Hospice


Saturday, December 15th 2007, 4:32 pm
By: News On 6


Many people are still running generators to stay warm in the snow. That's the case at a hospice in mid-town Tulsa. It was one of the priority locations that got a generator from local emergency managers. Everything has been running smoothly for the past two days until the snow moved in.

The wind changed and carbon monoxide fumes blew back into the building. Paramedics needed to treat the caretaker, but she gets credit for getting everyone to safety.

"I started getting dizzy, getting a headache and we evacuated everybody," said caretaker Sue Boyd.

The fire department moved the generator and ventilated the hospice. The residents were able to come back later in the afternoon.

Watch the video: Carbon Monoxide Affects Midtown Hospice