Tulsa wastewater treatment plant accident still under investigation
Friday, August 13th 2004, 5:42 am
By: News On 6
A Tulsa construction worker has regained consciousness after he was overcome by toxic fumes that killed his co-worker.
Chuck Nelson was exposed to a powerful gas while working in a manhole at a Tulsa wastewater treatment plant on Tuesday. Co-worker Terry DeBuhr died. Both men worked for L&L Construction.
Two firefighters and two medics were treated for exposure to the fumes and are okay. The investigation into what happened could take several weeks.