Oklahoma City man dies of smoke inhalation in apartment fire


Thursday, January 15th 2004, 12:00 am
By: News On 6



(Oklahoma City-AP) -- A 31-year-old man is dead of smoke inhalation after a fire at his northwest Oklahoma City apartment.

Firefighters found Desmond Nelson in his bed when they responded to the fire around 2 Wednesday morning.

Fire Major Brian Stanaland says $9,000 of damage was caused by the kitchen grease fire. The fire had burned out before firefighters arrived.

Stanaland says there was no working smoke detector in Nelson's apartment.