Paul Rico extradition hearing postponed; New request for medical care
Tuesday, October 21st 2003, 12:00 am
By: News On 6
(Miami-AP) -- Another postponement in the extradition hearing in Miami for Paul Rico, the former Boston FBI agent accused of murder.
The hearing -- originally scheduled for last week -- was put off until Friday to allow an Oklahoma attorney to represent Rico.
Another defense attorney, meanwhile, said he planned to ask for federal help in getting treatment for his client's heart disease. William Cagney said the Miami-Dade County Jail has refused to offer the 78-year-old Rico anything more than a cursory check-up.
Rico is charged with providing a mob hit man with information that led to the 1981 shooting death of Oklahoma businessman Roger Wheeler.