Convenience store fire in Inola


Tuesday, July 1st 2003, 12:00 am
By: News On 6


A fire at a gas station. It happened around 7:30 Tuesday morning in Inola. Fire crews from five communities were called in to help fight the fire at the Phillips 66 store there.

Workers smelled smoke and looked around. The manager says when they found the source of the smoke; she tried to put it out. Tammy Lee, manager, “and I turned around faced the north part of the store and I seen an orange glow and all I could do was yell that there was a fire back there. I grabbed the extinguisher and emptied it but it was too late.”

Everyone managed to make it out safely. The fire started in a store closet, officials believe an electrical problem is to blame.

Fire officials are still investigating.