(Tulsa-AP) -- A 23-month-old Dewey girl who suffered mercury poisoning is improving, although she remains in critical condition in a Tulsa hospital.
Maya Bailey was apparently exposed to the mercury in the apartment in Dewey where she lived with her family.
The girl's grandmother says the girl is no longer on a ventilator, but is still in intensive care.
Pat Ballard says doctors have told the family the girl could move out of intensive care within two weeks if she continues improving.
Officials have traced the mercury to previous tenants in the apartment who apparently kept the material in a container that was spilled.