Chimp flees Dallas Zoo, accidentally electrocuted
Monday, July 24th 2000, 12:00 am
By: News On 6
(Dallas) -- It was supposed to be eleven-year-old Judy's first day on exhibit at the Dallas Zoo. But zoo officials say the chimp managed to get out of its habitat and scamper away.
At first, the search was first concentrated in the zoo, then expanded to a nearby area. That's where Judy was discovered atop some power lines. Witnesses say she started to move out onto the lines, trying to get from one pole to another. She apparently lost her balance, came in contact with a second wire, and was electrocuted.
Judy was housed at The Tulsa Zoo until she was shipped to The Dallas Zoo in June.