McAlester inmate mistakenly released
Monday, May 22nd 2000, 12:00 am
By: News On 6
(McAlester-AP) -- An accused murderer was mistakenly released from the Oklahoma State Penitentiary and was on the loose for a weekend.
Twenty-seven-year-old inmate Patrick G- Conway was discharged April 28th from the penitentiary. Authorities picked him back up on May first.
Conway had been serving four years on drug and burglary convictions. He is one of seven inmates charges in the beating and stabbing death of 42-year-old inmate David Feltz on March 31st,1999.
State Corrections Department spokesman Jim Rabon says prior to releasing Conway, they contacted Osage County to determine if they wanted him and if there were any charges filed.
Rabon says at that time there were no charges, so there was no reason to hold him.
But an Osage County court clerk's official says Rabon was charged with first-degree murder in December, eight months after the slaying.