Unattended candles ignite fire that kills Edmond boy


Thursday, December 9th 1999, 12:00 am

By: News On 6


(Edmond-AP) -- Edmond's Fire Marshall says unattended Christmas candles left near combustible material started an early morning house fire that claimed the life of a seven-year-old boy. The fire occurred just before 2 a-m in Edmond. Fire officials are declining to release the name of the boy at the request of his mother.

Fire Marshal David Wiist says 26-year-old Shawn Craft was injured as he tried to go back into the house to rescue his son. The boy's eight-year-old brother was uninjured. A firefighter was treated for a bruised hand. Wiist says the boy's mother was on her way home from work when the fire occurred.
logo

Get The Daily Update!

Be among the first to get breaking news, weather, and general news updates from News on 6 delivered right to your inbox!

More Like This

December 9th, 1999

April 18th, 2022

April 18th, 2022

April 18th, 2022

Top Headlines

December 7th, 2022

December 7th, 2022

December 7th, 2022

December 7th, 2022