Judge Tosses $15 Million Jury Verdict In Ford Rollover Lawsuit, Orders New Trial
Thursday, March 22nd 2007, 8:51 am
By: News On 6
There are new developments in a million dollar court verdict against Ford Motor Company. A $15 million jury verdict against Ford has been thrown out by a federal judge. A jury awarded Kevin and Veronica Moody $15 million after their 18-year-old son, Tyler, died in a rollover accident involving a 1995 Ford Explorer.
The family blamed the automaker for the crash, but U.S. Chief District Judge Claire Eagan says the jury had been prejudiced by the conduct of the Moody's attorney, Clark Brewster. Brewster says at the time, Ford's attorney didn't object to his statements.
The retrial is set for July.