Rogers County school evacuated because of gas leak
Monday, August 29th 2005, 12:15 pm
By: News On 6
CLAREMORE, Okla. (AP) -- A campus of the Justus-Tiawah school district was evacuated Monday after a backhoe operator cut a large gas line, Rogers County Emergency Management spokesman John Wylie said.
No injuries were reported and the 319 students were taken to the Claremore Community Center, Wylie said.
The campus has kindergarten, 1st- and 2nd- graders and 7th- and 8th-graders.
He said the gas line was cut shortly before 10:30 AM during utility work on an expansion of the campus and the campus and all campus offices were evacuated and closed.