Oklahoma Guardsmen return from New Orleans duty
Friday, October 7th 2005, 10:30 am
By: News On 6
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- The Oklahoma Army National Guard says most of the 2,300 soldiers sent to New Orleans last month are now home.
Sergeant Jason Hinton says 350 returned Thursday after helping patrol hurricane-ravaged New Orleans and conducting search-and-rescue operations.
General Myles Deering says the mission was similar to the Guard's efforts after the April 19th, 1995, Oklahoma City bombing and the May third, 1999, tornadoes. But Deering says the devastation in New Orleans was more widespread.