Molasses Baked Beans
Monday, December 17th 2007, 11:53 am
By: News On 6
- Tuesday, September 07, 2004
- Appetizers-Side Dish
- 4 servings, approximately 1/2 cup each
- 4 ounces 50% reduced fat pork sausage3/4 cup onion, diced
1 can (15 ounce) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup molasses
3 tablespoons chili sauce
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, crumble and brown sausage 2-3 minutes or until almost cooked through.
Add onions and cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until onions are translucent.
Add beans, molasses, chili sauce and Worcestershire sauce and stir well.
Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 10-15 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 240 calories, 37g carbohydrate, 10.2g protein, 6.1g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 5.4g dietary fiber, 889mg sodium
- Adapted recipe by Jennifer Parham, RD, LD