Thursday, December 13th 2007, 12:38 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- Appetizers-Side Dish
- 9 servings, 1 biscuit each
- 2 cups low-fat biscuit mix2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/2 cup shredded light cheddar cheese (4.5g fat per 1/4 cup)
2 green onions, finely chopped
1/4 cup fat-free margarine
1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 450º F.
2. Combine biscuit mix, milk, cheese and onion in a medium mixing bowl. Stir vigorously 30 seconds.
3. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough on cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Combine margarine and garlic powder in a small mixing bowl. Brush over warm biscuits.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 130 calories, 25g carbohydrate, 4g protein, 1g fat, 0.4g saturated fat, 2mg cholesterol, 0.9g dietary fiber, 509mg sodium
Exchanges per serving
1 1/2 starch
- Adapted recipe by Rachel Cly, RD, LD