Cranberry Rice Pilaf Stuffed Chicken Breast
Wednesday, December 12th 2007, 4:03 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 8 servings, 1 chicken breast and 1/3 cup rice pila
- For the Cranberry Rice Pilaf3 1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil spread (4.5g fat per tablespoon)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup chopped dates
1 1/4 cup long grain rice (divided use)
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
For the Chicken
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each) flattened to 1/4 inch thickness
3/4 cup low sugar orange marmalade
1 teaspoon thyme
1/4 cup fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried
- 1. In a large saucepan combine all rice pilaf ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, cover and reduce to simmer. Cook 20 - 25 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-x 13-inch baking dish with butter-flavored spray.
3. Spoon approximately 1/3 cup rice mixture onto each chicken breast. Fold sides of chicken over stuffing. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place in prepared baking dish.
4. In a small bowl combine marmalade, thyme and parsley. Spoon mixture evenly over the chicken breasts.
5. Bake chicken 25-30 minutes.