Crab Cheesecake Appetizer
Wednesday, December 12th 2007, 3:40 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- American/Appetizers-Side Dish
- 12 servings
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 container (15 ounces) light ricotta cheese
½ cup fat-free half and half
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon Cajun or seafood seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon white pepper
½ cup egg substitute
1 container (8 ounces) crabmeat, drained and flaked
1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red pepper, diced
½ cup + 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion (divided use)
½ cup + 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese (divided use)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a spring form pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Spray a small skillet with cooking spray. Cook onion and garlic over medium heat until tender. Cool.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine ricotta cheese, half-and-half, flour, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper, blend with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg substitute and continue to mix until well combined.
4. Stir in crabmeat, onion mixture, red pepper, ½ cup green onion and ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
5. Pour mixture into pan. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons green onion. Bake 40 minutes or until center is set.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 86 calories, 5.5g carbohydrate, 9.2g protein, 2.4g fat, 1.4g saturated fat, 27mg cholesterol, 0.5g dietary fiber, 359mg sodium
Exchanges per serving: 1 ½ lean meat
- Adapted recipe by Rachel Cly Vincent, RD, LD, Siegfried Health Center, St. John Medical Center