Monday, December 10th 2007, 6:13 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 12 servings
- Nonstick cooking spray3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
3 tablespoons water
1/4 egg substitute
4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
1-2 egg whites
2 tablespoons sugar substitute
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add butter, water and egg; mix just until ingredients are moist. Spoon batter into pan and spread evenly.
3. In a small bowl combine cream cheese, egg whites, sugar substitute, and vanilla. Stir until well blended.
4. Drop spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture over batter and swirl gently with a knife.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 119 calories, 19g carbohydrate, 3g protein, 3.3g fat, 1.9g saturated fat, 9mg cholesterol, 0.2g dietary fiber, 140mg sodium
- Adapted recipe by Chef Dennis Berno