Monday, December 10th 2007, 6:12 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 6 servings
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef (4% fat)
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon pepper
½ cup light pasteurized processed cheese sauce
1 thin pizza crust
2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
¼ cup 2% shredded cheese
Optional hamburger toppings:
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat begin to brown hamburger meat. Add onion and pepper. Cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain any visible fat and return to skillet.
3. Stir in cheese sauce until completely melted and remove from heat.
4. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Spread meat mixture evenly over crust top with tomato slices and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
5. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizza crust begins to brown.
6. Top with additional toppings as desired.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 311 calories, 29g carbohydrate, 25g protein, 10g fat, 4.7g saturated fat, 57mg cholesterol, 1.7g dietary fiber, 678mg sodium
Exchanges per serving: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat
- Adapted recipe by Rachel Cly Vincent, RD, LD, Siegfried Health Center, St. John Medical Center