Caramel Apple Cake
Monday, December 10th 2007, 5:01 pm
News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 16 servings
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
1 3/4 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup light vegetable oil spread (4.5 g fat per tablespoon), melted
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup egg substitute
2 cups peeled and shredded apples, approximately 3 apples
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
1/3 cup fat-free caramel ice cream topping, divided use
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees- Spray 12-cup bunt pan with butter-flavored cooking spray and lightly dust with flour.
2. In a medium bowl, combine next nine ingredients (flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, vegetable oil spread, applesauce and egg substitute).
3. Fold in apples and pecans.
4. Pour batter into bunt pan. Place pan on cookie sheet. Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes. Invert cake onto serving platter.
6. When ready to serve, top each serving with one teaspoon fat-free caramel.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 183 calories, 33g carbohydrate, 3g protein, 4.9g fat,
0.7 saturated fat, Omg cholesterol, 3.4g dietary fiber, 225mg sodium
- Adapted recipe by Jennifer Parham, RD, LD