Beef Tenderloin With Herbed Vegetables
Monday, December 10th 2007, 3:20 pm
By: News On 6
- Tuesday, September 07, 2004
- American Entree
- 4 servings
- 1/2 cup steak sauce1 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
4 beef tenderloin steaks, 1 inch thick, trimmed of visible fat, (approximately 1 pound)
1 1/2 pounds baby new potatoes, sliced in half
2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
1 small onion, cut into rings
Olive oil cooking spray
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon ground thyme
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Mix steak sauce and brown sugar in a shallow glass or plastic dish.
Reserve 2 tablespoons of sauce.
Place steak into dish and turn to coat with sauce.
Cover and refrigerate at least one hour and not more than 24 hours.
Preheat grill to medium high heat.
Place potatoes in a medium saucepan.
Cover with water. Bring potatoes to a boil.
Add green beans and let boil 2-4 minutes.
Until just crisp tender. Drain. Add onion rings to pan. Spray with olive oil cooking spray until well coated. Sprinkle with herbs and toss gently.
Put vegetables on a grilling tray or in a grill basket.
Grill beef and vegetables 6-10 minutes.
Turn beef and brush with remaining sauce.
Rearrange potatoes or flip grill basket to insure they cook evenly.
Grill an additional 4-6 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 308 calories, 29g carbohydrate, 29g protein, 7.5g fat, 2.8g saturated fat, 71mg cholesterol, 9mg dietary fiber, 717mg sodium
- Adapted recipe by Rachel Cly, RD, LD