Beef Bourguignon En Croute
Monday, December 10th 2007, 3:14 pm
News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- Serves 4
- 1# Beef Tenderloin, ½ inch cubes
3 cups Dry Red Wine (E. Guigal Cotes du Rhone)
1 Bouquet Garni (Thyme, Parsley, Bay Leaf)
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Small Shallot, minced
¼ Cup Carrot Brunoise (Very Small Dice)
3 Tbls. Flour
1 Cup Veal Stock, Reduced (or beef broth)
¼ Cup Crimini Mushrooms, Quartered
¼ Cup Pearl Onions, Blanched
3oz. Crispy Bacon, Chopped
4x4 Puff Pastry Square, Baked till browned
- 1. Marinate beef in wine with bouquet garni for 3 hours or overnight.
2. Remove beef from wine and pat dry.
3. Saute shallots, garlic, and carrots in butter till translucent.
4. Add beef and brown well.
5. Add flour and combine well.
6. Deglaze with red wine.
7. Add veal stock and simmer for 45 minutes.
8. Add mushrooms, pearl onions, and bacon.
9. Portion into individual crocks, top with warm pastry, and fried onions.