Monday, December 10th 2007, 3:07 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 4 servings
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons lemon zest
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
lemon slices, optional
- 1. In a zip-top plastic bag, combine first 3 ingredients (orange juice, lemon juice and salmon). Seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
2. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
3. Remove fish from bag, discard marinade. In a small bowl, combine next 6 ingredients (sugar, chili powder, zest, cumin, salt and cinnamon).
4. Place fillets on grill, cover with grill lid and cook 10 - 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
5. Serve with lemon slices, if desired.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 269 calories, 6.4g carbohydrate, 34g protein, 11g fat, 1.7g saturated fat, 94mg cholesterol, 0.9g dietary fiber, 243mg sodium
- Adapted recipe by Jennifer Parham, RD, LD