Monday, December 10th 2007, 3:00 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 12 pancakes; 4 to 6 servings
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour6 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 ripe bananas (3/4 to 1 lb. total), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1. In a bowl, mix all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
2. Add egg, then buttermilk to dry ingredients and stir just until batter is evenly moistened.
3. Ladle batter, 1/4 cup at a time, onto a lightly buttered medium-hot (350°) griddle or lightly buttered 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan (or use 2 pans at the same time) over medium heat. Scatter 3 to 5 banana slices onto each pancake and cook until edges of the cake look dry, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn with a wide spatula and cook until browned on the bottom, 3 or 4 minutes longer.
4. Serve pancakes immediately, or place in a single layer on baking sheets and keep warm in a 200° regular or convection oven until all are cooked.
- Nutrition Facts:
- Somerset magazine