Banana Coffee Cake With Brown Sugar Glaze
Monday, December 10th 2007, 1:23 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 12 servings
- Nonstick cooking spray2 ripe bananas, mashed
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons canola oil
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons almond slivers, toasted
1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons light margarine
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine bananas, sugar, canola oil, egg, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla.
3. In small mixing bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add to medium mixing bowl, stirring until ingredients are combined,
4. Pour into batter into cake pan and sprinkle with almonds. Bake approximately 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile in a small saucepan combine brown sugar, water and margarine, heat over medium heat until boiling. Boil one minute. Let cake cool and drizzle with glaze.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 167 calories, 30g carbohydrate, 2g protein, 4.6g fat, 0.4g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 1g dietary fiber, 146mg sodium
- Adapted recipe by Jennifer Parham, RD, LD