Baked Blueberry French Toast
Monday, December 10th 2007, 12:48 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- 7 servings, 3 slices each
- Butter-flavored cooking spray1 (24-inch) baguette
1 1/2 cup egg substitute
2 cups fat-free milk
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup light margarine (45 calories per tablespoon)
1 container (6 ounces) fresh blueberries
- 1. Spray a 9- x 13 inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray. Cut twenty one 1-inch diagonal slices from baguette and arrange in one layer in baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg substitute, milk, nutmeg and vanilla. Pour mixture evenly over bread, cover and chill for 30 minutes. Turn bread slices after first 15 minutes.
3. While bread is soaking, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Place pecans on baking sheet and toast until fragrant, about 8 minutes.
5. Discard remaining liquid from around bread slices. Sprinkle toasted pecans and blueberries evenly over bread.
6. In a microwave safe dish, melt margarine and stir in brown sugar. Drizzle butter mixture over bread and bake 20 minutes.
- Nutrition Facts:
- 295 calories, 41g carbohydrate, 11g protein, 9g fat, 1.4g saturated fat, 1.4mg cholesterol, 2.6g dietary fiber, 414mg sodium
- Adapted recipe by Jennifer Parham, RD, LD