Asparagus Beet Salad
Monday, December 10th 2007, 12:23 pm
By: News On 6
- Thursday, January 01, 2004
- American/Appetizers-Side Dish
- For the Sweet Basil Vinaigrette:1 Cup Fresh Basil
1 ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
Salt And Pepper To Taste
For the Salad:
Fresh Asparagus spears
- Place oil in a blender. Blanche whole Basil for 15 seconds and drop into oil. Add Vinegar, sugar, minced Garlic, salt and pepper and blend on medium speed until vinaigrette turns green and no large chunks of basil are visible.
Blanche Asparagus and Roast Beets. Beets should be tender and sliced or wedged.
Mix greens with Vinaigrette, add Asparagus and beets and arrange on the plate. Crumble Fresh Chevre or bleu cheese over, and add toasted walnuts.
- Nutrition Facts:
- The Polo Grill - Brandon Thrash