Elderly Couple Dies In Pawnee County House Fire

Friday, February 14th 2020, 5:07 am
By: Tess Maune

 An elderly couple is dead after their house caught near Cleveland.

Peninsula Volunteer Fire Department Chief Bob Sharp said firefighters were called to large house fire along Sinnett Road near Old Keystone Road just after 1 a.m. Tuesday morning.

Sharp said the open-concept, the metal barn-style house was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. He said it took 6 hours to extinguish the fire.

The Fire Chief said firefighters recovered the bodies of Clark and Vivian Wells from the house.

Sharp said the fire marshal’s report showed the couple had at least five space heaters inside. He said the report lists the cause of the fire as accidental and electrical, likely caused by some sort of electrical cord.

","published":"2020-02-14T11:07:19.000Z","updated":"2020-02-14T18:20:33.000Z","summary":"An elderly couple is dead after their house caught near Cleveland.","affiliate":{"_id":"5c784a0c4961cb23ad330098","callSign":"kotv","origin":"https://www.newson6.com"},"contentClass":"News","createdAt":"2020-05-20T20:34:56.291Z","updatedAt":"2020-05-20T20:34:56.291Z","__v":0,"show":true,"link":"/story/5ec5947090302e5852fae43e/elderly-couple-dies-in-pawnee-county-house-fire","hasSchedule":false,"id":"5ec5947090302e5852fae43e"};