A Yukon construction worker remains in critical condition after he was shocked while working on a building Tuesday.
David Hanks of Yukon is a hardworking guy. He’s a single dad to his 7-year-old daughter and he cares for his disabled mother and grandmother. All that changed in a flash Tuesday when he was injured.
Hanks was hanging gutters on the roof of the Arena Sports Center on Northwest 2nd Street when one of the metal gutters he was carrying apparently hit a power line. The electricity caused burns over 40% of his body. Surgeons will decide Thursday whether they’ll have to remove his leg, and he’s expected to be in the hospital for months.
His daughter Avery doesn’t fully understand just how injured her dad is.
“She’s really attached to her daddy. She’s really attached to him. She misses him when he’s not here.He tucks her in at night and gives her a kiss. She missed that a lot last night when he wasn’t here,” Hanks mother, Diana Stevens said.
Hanks was a contractor and did not have insurance. He is the primary bread winner in the family, so they’ll need help. An account has been set up in his name at YNB, Yukon National Bank, for anyone who is wishes to donate.
The family is also asking for your prayers.