Detroit Pan Bread
Tuesday, July 14th 2020, 1:25 pm
By: News On 6
TULSA, Okla. -
If you're looking for a versatile dish that's easy to make at home we've got a great recipe for you this afternoon. In today's cooking corner Mike Bausch of Andolini's shows us how to make his Detroit Pan Bread appetizer.
- 1 Deep Metal Tool Pan (use a square metal “brownie” pan roughly 8” x 8” if you don’t have one handy)
- Cooking spray
- 20 oz. of pizza dough
- small mixing bowl
- 8 tbs. salted butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 10 oz. of diced or shredded mozzarella
- Pre-heat oven to hot as you can, 500 to 550 degrees.
- Spray your pan with cooking spray.
- Mix melted butter and garlic in small mixing bowl.
- Push out your pizza dough into a rough, thick square about the length/width of your pan.
- Cut dough into six strips.
- Pick up a pair of strips and drench them in the butter and garlic.
- Loosely twist them together and place in the pan.
- Repeat with the other two pairs, laying each set of twisted strips beside the others.
- Pile the whole thing with all of the cheese, pressing down slightly to pack the cheese onto the dough.
- Bake until it’s browned and golden, with crispy edges.
- Loosen edges, turn bread out onto a plate, and serve warm.