BBQ Stuffed Pork Sirloin Roast With Roasted Corn & Pepper Salad
Monday, September 7th 2020, 1:07 pm
By: News On 6
TULSA, Okla. -
Jeff Tracy with Barbecue Nation is back in the Cooking Corner to show us how to make a barbecue stuffed pork sirloin roast and roasted corn and pepper salad. Be sure to listen to Barbecue Nation every Sunday at Noon on Talk Radio 1170.
BBQ Stuffed Pork Sirloin Roast
- 3-4 lbs. Pork Sirloin Roast
- 1 Fresh Pineapple, sliced in thin slices
- 4 Slice White Mushrooms sliced
- BBQ rub
- Chopped Garlic (you can use powdered garlic)
- 4 tooth picks
- Slice the Pork Sirloin Roast on one side about 80% through, like you might filet a fish. DO NOT slice it all the way through so you have two pieces.
- Take your knife and puncture some small holes in both sides. (The open part)
- Season with your salt, pepper and garlic.
- On the side of the pork (the side that will be the bottom) place several of the thin strip of pineapple. Then place the mushroom slices on top of the pineapple.
- Close the roast, season the outside with your favorite BBQ rub (both sides). Insert your toothpicks to keep the roast closed while cooking.
- Cook at 350* in the middle of you BBQ for about 40-45 minutes. Make sure the internal temperature is 160* minimum.
Roasted Corn and Pepper Salad
- 5 cups corn roasted on the cob
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream grated
- 1 tbsp chopped green chilis
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 - 3 tbsp lime juice
Roast the corn on your grill or BBQ until done. Cut off the cob into a bowl. Mix the melted butter and garlic with the corn first and get the corn coated.
Then mix the other ingredients with the corn and serve.