Michelle Bonicelli from Tulsa's OSU Extension Center I back in the Cooking Corner with another great recipe this week we are making Chicken Chili With Sweet Potatoes.
• 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 cups cubed sweet potato (1/2 inch)
• 2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
• 1 Tbsp. chili powder
• 2 tsp. ground cumin
• 1 tsp. dried oregano
• 1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium cannellini beans, rinsed
• 3-4 cups low-sodium chicken broth or homemade chicken stock
• 1 cup frozen corn
• 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (about 10 ounces)
• 3/4 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
• Garnish optional: shredded cheese, Greek yogurt, avocado and/or cilantro.
1. Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, sweet potato and bell
pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are slightly softened, 5 to 6 minutes.
2. Stir in chili powder, cumin and oregano and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute.
3. Add beans and broth (or stock) and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat,stir in corn and chicken and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes.
5. Stir in salt and pepper. Garnish if desired and serve