We are in the Air Comfort Solutions Kitchen learning how to make an Earth Day-themed craft. Our crafty mom, Courtnay Grider is here to show us how to make Earth Day Flower Bombs.
· 3-4 Packages of Flower Seeds
· 3 sheets of construction paper – blue, green & white is what I used
· Food Processor – Blender
· 3 bowls or containers
· Baking sheet/parchment paper for drying
How to make Flower Bombs:
1. Start by cutting your construction into small one-inch squares. Place each color in a separate container.
2. Add water to each container and allow the paper to soak for about 20 minutes.
3. After 20 minutes of soaking, squeeze the excess water out of the paper. Place the paper into a blender and blend until the paper becomes pulp. Place back into the container. Repeat this step with each color.
4. Divided and pour the packages of seeds between the 3 containers. Gently mix the seeds into the pulp.
5. Take a little bit of each color and form it into a ball. I wanted to make these look like the Earth, but you can use any colors you like.
6. Place on drying rack and let dry overnight.
7. Once dry, place your flower bomb into your favorite flower pot or garden. Water and wait a few days to see your beautiful flowers start to bloom.