BA Student's E-Cigarette Catches Backpack On Fire, Building Evacuated
BROKEN ARROW, Oklahoma - Broken Arrow High School officials have confirmed there was an evacuation of the vocational agriculture building on Friday after a student’s backpack caught fire.
A spokesperson says the student had an e-cigarette in his backpack and it malfunctioned.
The fire was contained to the backpack, and emergency personnel were called, according the the school.
“The fire marshal is investigating, and school personnel will take the appropriate action to prevent similar issues in the future,” a statement said.