Mixed Berry Overnight Oats
Wednesday, June 26th 2019, 2:31 pm
By: News On 6
Michelle Bonicelli of OSU Extension Center shows us how to make mixed berry overnight oats. Pick your favorite fruit and enjoy!
- 2 & 2/3 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 2 Tbsp. Chia seeds
- ½ cup chopped dates and/or raisins
- 2 2/3 cups milk of your choice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1-2 Tbsp. raw honey or pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen chopped berries and /or fruit of your choice
- In a large bowl, add oats, chia seeds, dates raisins, milk, vanilla, sea salt and
honey or maple syrup. Mix thoroughly.
- Place this mixture into 4 individual size serving containers to create an even layer.
Refrigerate for at least an hour to thicken.
- Once it is set up (thickened) top with a layer of Greek yogurt and berries or fruit.
Cover with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate overnight.
- Will last up to 3 days in the refrigerator when covered.