Southwestern Pumpkin Soup
Monday, October 23rd 2017, 1:54 pm
News On 6
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- Pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup (packed) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Bring chicken stock and cream to boil in heavy medium pot.
- Whisk in canned pumpkin, brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, coriander and nutmeg.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until soup thickens slightly and flavors blend, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Garnish each serving with cheddar cheese and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tip: Soup can be prepared up to one day ahead. Cool. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally