Pumpkin & Bacon Pizza
Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 2:00 pm
By: News On 6
- 1 medium pumpkin, quartered, de-seeded
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 package naan or flatbread, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup bacon (about 6 ounces), chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place de-seeded pumpkin quarters on a baking sheet and bake for one hour. Let cool.
- Remove pumpkin skin. Cut pumpkin into rough cubes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle the honey on top.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Season with salt and pepper to taste, as well as the garlic powder and 2 tbsp. of olive oil, spreading it evenly.
- Sprinkle mozzarella on the dough and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- In a skillet on medium-high heat, cook the chopped bacon until fat has rendered and the bacon is just starting to crisp, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and sprinkle with pumpkin cubes and bacon. Add dollops of the ricotta and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and add the arugula and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp. of olive oil, plus more honey, over the finish pizza if desired.