A federal judge ruled Tuesday morning that Bixby pipe bomb suspect Benjamin Roden is not mentally competent to stand trial at this time.
Roden, 28, planted a pipe bomb that exploded outside the Air Force Recruitment Office near 101st and Memorial on July 10, police said. No one was injured in the explosion.
The FBI said agents found Roden and two more pipe bombs at his apartment near 61st and Riverside the day after the bombing.
Investigators believe he acted alone, acting on a grudge over being passed over by the service to be an electrician. Roden transferred to the Tulsa Air National Guard, serving two and half years before he got discharged this past April.
A grand jury indicted Roden earlier this month on seven charges, including making illegal destructive devices, malicious damage of federal property, use of an explosive to commit federal felonies, use, carry and discharge of a destructive device during and in relation to a crime of violence and possession of unregistered destructive devices.
A few days after the explosion, both the defense and prosecution agreed that Roden needed a mental health evaluation.
The judge based his ruling off of reports submitted by two different doctors. Roden was given 90 days - plus more time if needed - to go through treatment.
His next tentative court date is Dec. 13, 2017, at 10 a.m.