Oklahoma State returns to Stillwater Saturday for the annual Homecoming game. The Cowboys will face the West Virginia Mountaineers, with kickoff set for 11 a.m. on FOX. A closer look at the matchup:
An Oklahoma State Win Would...
• Mark the 100th win of Mike Gundy's head coaching career, which would make him one of only seven active FBS coaches with at least 100 wins at their current school. The other six are Bill Snyder, Bob Stoops, Gary Patterson, Kirk Ferentz, Nick Saban and Kyle Whittingham.
• Improve the Cowboys to 4-1 in Big 12 play, marking the seventh time in the last nine seasons that OSU has won at least four of its first five conference games.
• Mark the Cowboys' second win over an opponent ranked in the top 25 of the Associated Press poll this season.
• Mark the sixth time that the Cowboys have beaten a team ranked in the top 10 of the Associated Press poll since 2008.
• Mark the 19th time that the Cowboys have beaten an opponent ranked in the top 25 of the Associated Press poll since Mike Gundy took over as head coach in 2005.
• Mark the 12th time that the Cowboys have beaten a ranked opponent at Boone Pickens Stadium under Mike Gundy.
• Deadlock the all-time series between the Cowboys and West Virginia at four wins apiece.
• Move the Cowboys to 3-2 against West Virginia since the Mountaineers joined the Big 12 in 2012.
• Improve the Cowboys to 31-7 in their last 38 home games under Mike Gundy.
• Improve the Cowboys to 41-17 in Big 12 Conference games since 2010.
A head-to-head comparison of the two teams, with 2016 NCAA rank in parentheses:
When Oklahoma State Has The Ball...
Oklahoma State Total Offense Per Game – 480.4 (31st)
West Virginia Total Defense Per Game – 392.2 (57th)
Oklahoma State Rushing Offense Per Game – 144.0 (99th)
West Virginia Rushing Defense Per Game – 158.5 (63rd)
Oklahoma State Passing Offense Per Game – 336.4 (11th)
West Virginia Passing Defense Per Game – 233.7 (76th)
Oklahoma State Turnovers Lost – 9 (29th)
West Virginia Turnovers Gained – 11 (61st)
Oklahoma State Field Goals/Season Long – 12-for-14/Long of 53 yards
Oklahoma State Net Punting – 40.97 (19th)
West Virginia Punt Returns – 2.54 (116th)
Oklahoma State Kickoff Returns – 17.83 (115th)
West Virginia Kickoff Return Defense – 24.87 (113th)
When West Virginia Has The Ball...
West Virginia Total Offense Per Game – 510.0 (10th)
Oklahoma State Total Defense Per Game – 448.7 (104th)
West Virginia Rushing Offense Per Game – 206.5 (37th)
Oklahoma State Rushing Defense Per Game – 181.6 (82nd)
West Virginia Passing Offense Per Game – 303.5 (20th)
Oklahoma State Passing Defense Per Game – 261.7 (106th)
West Virginia Turnovers Lost – 8 (20th)
Oklahoma State Turnovers Gained – 16 (12th)
West Virginia Field Goals/Season Long – 10-for-14/Long of 38 yards
West Virginia Net Punting – 38.55 (45th)
Oklahoma State Punt Returns – 13.64 (13th)
West Virginia Kickoff Returns – 22.19 (49th)
Oklahoma State Kickoff Return Defense – 16.82 (10th)