Man Dies When Chimney Collapses Inside Home Near Inola


Saturday, July 2nd 2016, 1:47 pm
By: News On 6


A Rogers County man is dead after a chimney collapsed on him Saturday morning, according to sheriff's deputies.

The sheriff's office was called by the Inola Fire Department to the home near the intersection of EW 570 and NS 4230 Roads. Deputies said the home had to be secured by firefighters before they could enter and begin their investigation.

Deputies say it appears the man was working on an improvement project involving the chimney when it collapsed.

The sheriff's office is calling this an accidental death, but adds the state Medical Examiner's Office will make a final determination.

The home is located on a private drive.