For Tulsa residents spring cleaning, remember, household pollutants can be disposed of for free at the City of Tulsa’s Household Pollutant Collection Facility (HPCF).
Tulsa’s HPCF is open every Wednesday (by appointment) and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
To schedule an appointment to drop household pollutants off at the facility located on 4502 S. Galveston Ave., Tulsa residents can call (918) 596-2100.
Unlike previous collection events, customers can expect quick service at the permanent facility.
Licensed staff with over 25 years of experience will properly dispose of the pollutants, which keeps hazardous materials from entering water sources, storm drains and the refuse and recycling systems.
Tulsa’s new HPCF has collected 18,929 pounds of household pollutants for proper disposal from 323 customers.
Since its opening, Tulsa has added a fluorescent bulb crusher and paint can crusher, which helps reduce the volume of material and disposal costs.
• Fluorescent and CFL Lightbulbs
• Oil Based Paints and Paint Thinner
• Flammable Liquids
• Lawn Chemicals
• Automotive Fluids
• Cooking Oil/Grease
• Household and Car Batteries
• Household Cleaners
• Pool Chemicals
Items Not Accepted:
• Industrial or Commercially Generated Waste (including NHIW waste)
• Latex Paint
• *Medical or Biomedical Waste
• Food or Organic Waste
• Radioactive Material
• Compressed Gas Cylinders
• Unknown Materials or Substances
• *Medications may be taken to any Tulsa Police Station or the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office where locked drop boxes are located.