Teen Pleads Guilty In Deaths Of Two Men In Car Crash

Friday, May 1st 2015, 3:10 pm
By: News On 6

A Mounds teen pleaded guilty to manslaughter Friday for the car crash that killed two men working on a traffic signal near 71st and Elwood in Tulsa.

Prosecutors said Harley Stone was high on synthetic marijuana when he crashed into the men. Now he's behind bars awaiting sentencing.

Ronnie Blagg and Mike Turner's coworkers built a memorial after the men were killed while working at the intersection.

The families of both men were in the courtroom Friday when Stone pleaded guilty with no deal from prosecutors.

Blagg and Turner were working at the busy Tulsa intersection when a car lost control and slammed into their work zone.

4/29/2014 Related Story: Co-Workers Remember Contractors Killed At Tulsa Intersection

Blagg and Turner's coworkers said they lost two great guys and their families have been grieving for a year now.

Prosecutors said Stone was behind the wheel and charged him with two counts of manslaughter and driving while impaired.

A prosecutor said Stone was under the influence of synthetic marijuana at the time of the crash.

Surrounded by family before Friday's hearing, Stone pleaded guilty to all the charges and faces four years to life in prison.

Ronnie Blagg's wife, Clarla, said she misses her husband of 29 years.

"Month, after month, after month we come and we go home empty, we go home empty, we have no answers, and now, today, we have a little bit of closure. And it will never bring my husband back, but knowing that he is behind bars makes me feel just a little better," she said.

Blagg's family said they were relieved after Stone's guilty plea.

"I lost my soul mate. I loved him so much, I loved him so much and grandkids, my family you know," she said.

Ronnie's daughter, Ashley, said, "They don't have a grandpa now. They have their grandma, me and my family and friends, that's it, they don't have a grandpa," she said.

Mike Turner's dad, Ron, was appreciative Stone pleaded guilty, but, at the same time, he said it can't bring his son back.

"He's owned up to his mistakes and it's between he and his maker now," he said.

Where Ronnie and Mike worked, a new memorial is the first thing you see when you walk in; inside the shop their legacy lives on.

The company vice president said his guys will never forget them.

The judge will sentence Stone June 25, 2015. He's being held without bond at the Tulsa County Detention Center.