Survivor Recovering After Fatal South Tulsa House Fire


Friday, March 21st 2014, 12:41 pm
By: News On 6


New details are emerging in a fatal house fire in South Tulsa. A 50-year-old woman died in a house fire in the 8300 block of South Louisville Thursday afternoon. A 59-year-old man was injured.

Tulsa Fire Captain Stan May says the fire started in a back bedroom as an accidental electrical fire. The woman was found in that back bedroom.

May said there was not a working smoke detector in the home.

3/20/2014 Related Story: Woman Dead, Man Injured In Tulsa House Fire

The man, who is being treated in a Tulsa hospital, got out of the house and then tried to get back in to save the woman but could not. He got the help of two construction workers who were nearby, but the men were also unsuccessful in breaking back into the burning home.

The victims' names have not yet been released.