TFD: Cause Of Apartment Complex Fire Was Accidental


Friday, September 20th 2013, 5:27 pm
By: News On 6


A news release from the Tulsa Fire Department says investigators have determined the fire at London Square Apartments Friday afternoon was an accidental cooking fire.

Four apartments at the complex in the 2200 block of East 59th Street were damaged by fire and water, another seven were damaged by smoke and 32 apartments had their electric service cut for a time. 

Firefighters got the call at 3:20 p.m. No one was injured. 

The Red Cross says they helped nine families impacted by the fire with getting a temporary place for them to stay. 

Firefighters had the fire out within 30 minutes.