Yale residents were cleared to go back home following the repair of a natural gas line. All roads were back open as of 5:25 p.m. Monday.
Emergency crews evacuated a half-mile radius as crews repaired a natural gas leak, according to the Yale Police Department.
Utility workers accidentally ruptured the gas line in the area of D Street and Boston shortly after 3 p.m.
High school students were transferred to the elementary school where some were held until the gas leak was repaired. School buses that serve rural routes were running as normal.
Some displaced residents found temporary shelter from the heat at the First Assembly of God Church on Highway 51.