A Cherokee County man was in critical condition Sunday morning after an explosion destroyed his house Saturday night.
It happened in the Briggs area, the Tahlequah Daily Press reports.
Jeff Saddler was home alone when the explosion occurred. The explosion was apparently caused by a buildup of propane. The Cherokee County Undersheriff reports that a gas cook stove had been installed in the home prior to the incident.
Rubble from the house was found as far as a half mile away. Pieces of the home's roof, clothing and other items were blown into trees surrounding the property.
Saddler was found buried in debris and was flown to a Tulsa hospital.