A business fire closed several streets in Owasso including 76st Street North near Main. Fire crews battled the fire for several hours, and some nearby residences were evacuated during the blaze.
It happened at about 6:30 Monday morning.
Investigators say the fire started in a business on the southwest corner of 76th Street North and Main. It then reached an attic shared by three other businesses and overtook the building.
"Everything in there is going to be a loss," said Aaron Sloan, who owns the Owasso Boxing Club.
It's opposite from where the fire started, but he's still worried that he won't have anything left.
"Looks like some of the bags are still hanging and part of the ring. The ring is the main thing I'm concerned about. If anything was going to be destroyed that would probably be the hardest thing," Sloan said.
Firefighters say one of their biggest concerns was a shipment of 8,000 lbs of chlorine that had just arrived at Aquatech Pool and Spa.
If the chlorine had caught fire, it would have turned into a gas and the area a half-a-mile downwind would have to be evacuated.
Police said two small apartments nearby were evacuated as a precaution because of the chemicals stored in the pool business, but fire crews were quickly able to keep the fire from getting to the chlorine.
"We wanted to take control of that situation early and we were able to. Now we're able to put it on the ground, keep it out of people's lungs," said Owasso Fire Battalion Chief Shane Atwell.
Jeremiah Walton has owned Reliable Tire and Auto for eight years, but his father owned it before then, and he's spent nearly all of his life at the shop.
"I think it just hasn't sunk in yet," said Walton.
He's said he's glad his beloved dog survived the fire. He was stuck inside for more than an hour while the building burned.
"I'm not too concerned with it. Nobody got hurt. We'll make it through, could have been worse," Walton said.
And Sloan seemed to be in good spirits, as well, even though he just moved his club into the building and the insurance hasn't been transferred.
He said other boxing clubs have offered to help and, no matter what, his members will fight on.
"It's just a building, the club and the fighters will move on," Sloan said.
Sloan said if he has to, he'll just take whatever made it through the fire and move it into his garage and have everyone work out there.